So, I told myself no more blogs. You have enough already, and they are already difficult to manage.(Yellow Like Asian) Then, I reminded myself I don’t have a free blog, and I don’t have a wordpress. This was enough to convince me to go for it. This blog is to educate aspiring dancers, audience go-ers, parents and other dancers on what is, and what is happening in the ballet world… AKA it is me ranting and raving about ballet.
As any first blog post, I should introduce myself. My name is David (personal site), and I LOVE BALLET. No, I am not some crazed fan, or gay man with some over the top extravagant lifestyle. In fact, I do have some legitimacy here. I grew up dancing ballet, and not just at a some dolly dinkle studio in podunk America. I actually went through the entire ballet process, and become a professional ballet dancer. In addition, I have taught ballet, and other genres of dance on many different levels across the United States. Finally, my entire curriculum for teaching is based off Cassa Pancho’s All Things Black and Beautiful and the Balanchine Aesthetic. Finally, I am embarking on starting my own ballet company, Redlands Dance Theatre, click here for more info.
I’m not sure where this blog is going to go, but I can tell you what it isn’t going to be:
1. It isn’t going to be me bitching and complaining companies I dislike in general. (Trust and believe there are a lot I dislike)
2. It is definitely not going to be advice to get into a company. (A Guide… maybe)
3. It probably won’t be a blog slamming eating disorders, cocaine and drinking. (Not that I condone those things.)
4. It is not going to be me sitting on a high horse and just saying things for the sake of saying things… That is why we have artistic directors, haha that was a joke. I will give explanations and so forth.
5. I will not be associated with youtub-ing, posting on IG, or even tweeting… I already have too many to manage.
Now, I can tell you what I want the blog to be:
INFORMATIVE, an education.
INSPIRATIONAL, a future.
INSIGHTFUL, a perspective.
INTRIGUING, a personality.
(If you can’t tell, I totally do PR and Marketing.)