Most professionals are in the midst of the exhaustion of the Nutcracker. For others, Nutcracker has just started… It is hard to survive the holiday season as a ballet dancer… Between rehearsals, performances, Christmas Shopping, Holiday festivities and family obligations, it seems to balance out Nutcracker is close to impossible…
Yes, it is a rough life… For some girls, this holiday season brings the tour de force of roles. In a single show you might dance Party Mom, Snow, Flowers and a divertissement.
During the holiday season you will go through the most pointe shoes and costume changes of season. You will dance the most consecutive shows and you want to die. You will dance five different spots in snow, and at least four different spots in flowers. Yup, it is the wonderful holiday season of the Nutcracker.
Okay, so how do you survive Nutcracker 2017?
- If you are old enough… looking forward to a good glass of wine on your day off.
- ibuprofen, Biofreeze, or Tigerbalm…
- Compression wear… Shop Zarely here.
- A really good playlist to listen to, so Nutcracker music doesn’t consume your life.
- Meal Prepping for lack of time.
- Having a ridiculously organized schedule.
- Eating enough to sustain you and staying hydrated.
- Vitamin C, B12 and other Vitamins…
- Laughing a lot with friends… and then posting memories on social media.
- Sleeping enough.
Still haven’t gotten your Nutcracker Gifts? Shop here.